Friday, September 4, 2009

Aunt Janet

My darling Aunt Janet is now at rest after a battle with cancer & other illness. A month ago she gave me this painting she did of Lucy & I love it! She adopted Lucy cat when she was a kitten & raised her for about 11 years then became terribly allergic & had to give her away. I love cats so I was excited when I got a phone call asking if we could take her. We've had her over a year now & even Jared has learned to love Lucy.
I'm lucky to have 3 of her many amazing paintings in our home to remember her every day. She will be very missed.


Huckleberry picking with Aunt Trudy. We don't see her often since she lives in Alaska so we enjoyed these few days of having her here.

I can't let a year pass by without getting some huckleberries.


3 comments:

Rebecs said...

Heather, So sorry to hear about your aunt. On an unrelated your nursery is darling and so creative! That dresser looks amazing. Not to mention the wall, crib, altered bedding.

Jordan and Heidi Jensen said...

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss Heather. I also wanted to say congrats about expecting a little one! That's so exciting and you will make such an adorable little mom. Good luck with everything.
lol
Heidi
Oh and btw, I have gone private with my blog so if you would like an invite then just email me at curlyhide9@hotmail.com
luvs

Passey Family said...

I wish your mom and I would have thought and got a picture of her and Janet together the day I stopped by! I'm sure you treasure her paintings!