Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lavender Days Anyone?

Jared is such a great husband. He'll do almost anything with me even if it is girly. In Mona, which is right by Santaquin, the company Young Living does a Lavender days since they have fields & fields of Lavender. We started off the day with the "run through the lavender" which was a 5k race through the lavender fields, of course. We had a blast & yes I beat Jared ;)
So to explain the picture below. We made this wreath from fresh lavender & Jared carried it around the whole rest of the day for me, I think he liked it ;) A lot of ladies would stop & ask him where he got it. We got these DELICIOUS drinks called Big Kahuna & they had a flower on the straw so Jared looked really cute with that & the wreath!
We also got to try yummy lavender ice cream!
Here we are after the race with our bright red, sweaty faces.
Jared did get to see one manly thing. They do jousting at Lavender days which was fun to see but really hot. I don't know how they wore all their get-up in that heat.
Before we left we got to go & clip our own lavender in the fields.
It was really fun & Jared surprisingly even likes the smell of it.

This video is of a cute little lady showing me how to make the wreath. It was really hard & even though we were in the shade it was HOT! Everyone thought it was pretty cute that my husband was there helping me becuase they said they had to leave theirs home. Sitting across from us was a lady that's in the Tabernacle Choir!



5 comments:

Kami said...

You guys are such a cute couple!! Looks like a fun, but very hot day! Can't wait to see you!!!

Chelsea said...

I'm so glad you posted that picture of Jared with the wreath! It was great to see you guys, and we can't wait to meet up again in Seattle!!!

The Perkins Family said...

That is a pretty cool wreath. Will it last long? Great job on the running. Your so ambitious.

Aleena said...

Can you make me a wreath? I have heard about Lavender days but I had no idea how cool it is. I love stuff like that. You guys are awesome It was so fun to see you when we were there. Maybe next time we can come see your house!

Jeff and Lea said...

The wreath is very pretty. And the lady showing you how to make it is cute. That first picture of your husband is sooo funny. He seems like such a great sport. My husband would kill me if I posted a picture of him like that on here. I saw a picture of you and Diana on her blog, you both look great.