Friday, July 11, 2008

The 4th has come & gone

One of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July. This year was my first to do the 8.something mile kvsi fun run. You run from Montpelier to Paris & I was nervous to do it but my friend Diana ran with me & we visited the whole way so the 1 hour 44 min. run seemed like 30 minutes. Jared left us to run by ourselves but met us at the end.
After the yummy chuckwagon breakfast & "awesome" parade we went out to the lake to my Aunt & Uncle's cabin on the east side.
We don't know who's paddle boat this is but Jared, Brady, Casey, & Baily had fun trying to sink it.

Later that day Jared, Brady, & I decided to see if we could find smooth water on the west side to go wakeboarding. I went first then we ended up having to tow a boat that had broken down way south. It was getting dark so Brady went while we still had some light & Jared missed out on some smooth wakeboarding. Oh well, the people were very grateful because there weren't many boats out at 8 p.m. We ended up pulling the boat out at about 10 p.m.
The sun has set, thank goodness they weren't out patrolling.

Here's me with my two cousins, Joslyn & Lacey. We don't get to see each other often but it's fun when we do.
I finally got to meet Joslyn's little girl Hattie. She's adorable!

Saturday we did a lot of boating & found out my cousin Kip's boy is a little fish. He was scared on the boat at first but ended up loving it & LOVED jumping off the back!
All in all it was a great 4th of July weekend!



7 comments:

kris andersen said...

hey there how are you. i haven't seen you since my wedding i believe. i saw you from a distance at the parade but that was about it. looks like you had a good 4th. take care.

Chelsea said...

Way to go! You ran much further on the 4th. We will need to get some good runs in up in Seattle. Although, Derek has been fighting runs longer than 3 miles lately. I think we can turn him around.

kipcarlsenclan said...

Hey this is Kip. That picture of Dylan is awesome. Can you send some of the other ones you took as well to my e-mail? kip@kiddiekandids.com

We had a blast on the boat. Thx again for the invite.

McGiven Family.... said...

Looks like so much fun! I cannot believe that you seriously run 8+ miles. You guys are so awesome! Way to go! Sounds like a very fun 4th of July!

Travis & Liz said...

You guys totally make me wish I was in shape! I'll keep wishing! You guys looks so good too! Way to go!

Jer or Stef said...

you always seem to have the most fun on the 4th, I guess one of these days we'll have to make it to Idaho to see what all the fuss is about! Heather you look so skinny...plus, has Jared lost weight?

The Perkins Family said...

Looks like you had a great time. It was great to see ya at Laura's shower. This is the first year my parents haven't been here with the boat. Seeing all the pictures makes me realize how much I really miss going out to the lake on the boat. Good times.