Sunday, December 9, 2007

The latest with Brother Morris

Jared just finished his 10 day teaching assignment with Payson Jr. High. He said it was a very talkative class & that he was constantly telling them to pay attention. He did have one really good day that he was excited about. His class was all ninth graders :} The class filled out evaluation forms at the end of the 10 days and it sounded like they really liked Brother Morris & a lot wrote about how the class was noisy and didn't respect Brother Morris. I'm proud of him for his hard work in preparing the lessons (from the Old Testament none the less) and for putting up with the 9th graders. Now we wait to see if he moves on to the next course.

8 comments:

case said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
case said...

Way to go Brother Morris, Way to be a positive influence in the lives of some rowdy 9th graders. How did you resist not popping a few of them in the nose?

Aleena said...

Well I am impressed. I say if anyone can handle disrespectful 9th graders, it's Jared! I am not suprised that the kids really liked him. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather and Jared...How are you guys doing? We are coming up for christmas so we will have to get together! I need to get your address for christmas cards, can you email it to me? My email is Lyman_54@hotmail.com Thanks!

Becky said...

Yay! It's good to hear an update on how his teaching is going. Keep us posted, and best of luck with that!

Chelsea said...

Hurray for Brother Morris! This is like Elimidate or something...Elimiseminary teacher. I'm rooting for Brother Morris. Who are you rooting for?

Jeff and Lea said...

Hey Heather! It's Lea Hendricks. (i know that sounds lame) How are you? I was searching from blog to blog and found yours. How long have you been married? It looks like you guys are doing great. It's fun to say hi to a high school classmate! I have been married for 3 1/2 years and just had twin girls on Oct 3rd. I don't know if you knew that. Do you keep in touch with anyone from school? Sorry if I was intruding by leaving you a comment.

Anonymous said...

Brother Morris, so proud of you! taught a group of 9th graders and lived to tell about it! MOm C