Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mt. Timpanogos


This looks like a painting it's so pretty. I highly recommend going up Timpooneke rather than Aspen Grove. I thought it was prettier and not so treacherous! Most of the water falls were dry on the Aspen Grove trail which was too bad.




You can kind of tell how hard the wind is blowing by my hair! This picture was taken at the VERY top of Timp.
Fall is a fun time to hike it with all the new colors coming in!

This was our last bit to the very top. We had some food on the East side of the mountain then got up and faced the wind to finish the hike. We were not very prepared for what was to come. It was FREEZING COLD, and the wind was AWFUL! Thank goodness Jeremy had an extra shirt or I would have gotten hypothermia! If you do this hike take gloves, a hat, and a sweatshirt! The good thing is the wind pushes you toward the side of the mountain while you're walking so it helps to keep you from falling!

2 comments:

Amy Morris said...

Im so jealous! Your pictures are beautifol!

Heidi said...

Heather,
Hey cute girl. Of course you can peek at my blog, but only if i can peek at yours!! Yes, that was at bloomington lakes. I love that place. Please tell Jared hello for me. I miss all the boys from HS. Weird, I know. Oh, and I was wondering if i was there the night you came to his cabin and hung out. i believe i remember meeting you there. How is your brother doing? Brady? You know we hung out a little bit back in the day, right? give him a hello for me too!! Looks like you guys have had some fun adventures lately.