Monday, September 3, 2007

TAGGED again

1.Where did you meet your husband?
*The first time I met Jared was working at the Bear Lake State Park Marina. It's a good thing I'm a morning person and asked for the 6 am shift because that's when they all liked to go boating!
This is Jared and I just want to add some things to our first encounter. I need to thank Justin Wilde for getting her to come over and talk to us before we launched the boat. Let me just say that this was the first time I had been nervous picking up on a girl. While Justin did the smooth talking I kept asking for her number; however, Heather was being extremely difficult, and she still is, and would not give me her number. She says that we were a rough looking bunch. I say differently. So after a few moments of gentle persuasion that we were and still are some good old mormon boys and the flash of a temple recommend, expired by the way, she gave in and I got her number.
That night I was able to convince her to come up to the cabin and have a party with all of us and she willingly came. When I was texting her to come up that night my heart was beating pretty fast and after three years of being married she still makes it skip a beat or two. I guess I was pretty smooth by saying, "what's your number, what's your number" over and over again. I was pretty clever with the pick up lines!

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
*I probably said "Good morning, it's seven dollars." ( the park fee) I replied saying, "dang baby you are cheap, I like this corner!"
.3. Where was your first date?
*I hate to say it because it has a bad reputation but it was at Squaw Peak (spelling?) He took me to Los Hermanos to eat then we met Derek & Chelsea, who were dating at the time, and played games in the back of Derek's truck at squaw peak. For some reason Jared and I stayed until 1 or 2 am just talking, I promise! I had decided then that he probably wasn't my type.

4. Where was your first kiss?
* In the driveway at the BL cabin. He kissed me twice because he said the first time he felt like I was trying to back away :)

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
*We started dating exclusively in January, got engaged in May, and married in August. So by the time we were married we had known each other 1 year. To some that's long and to others it's short. I thought it was just right.


6. Where did you get engaged?
*We were going to Paris that weekend and Jared said we had to stop in Salt Lake to go to a mission companion's reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial building so we had to dress up. We got there and there were a bunch of girls in prom dresses so it seemed like a wedding was going on then Jared went to the hostess and said we have a reservation for 2 --at The Roof restaurant. Then I knew something was going on. We ate dinner by the window with the view of the Salt Lake Temple and he had flowers come to our table while I was getting my plate of food. It took me awhile to notice them though. Next he was in the bathroom for a really long time before we went down to walk around Temple Square. ( He was on the phone with Geoff) We walked out and there was a rose with a note and I knew it was for me. He hid 12 roses around the place and I had to answer a question about him at each one, then on the circle platform, where bride's stand to get pics taken, there we 12 more roses with a picture of the temple and a "?". Then I saw flashes of light from behind a bush and said that looked like Aleena. Yep, Geoff and Aleena hid to take pictures. They are sneaky huh Sarah! Derek and Chelsea came later too. It was really sweet and fun! We got to Paris pretty late but it was worth it!

7. Where did you get married?
* In the Salt Lake Temple! Everything went GREAT!
8. How did the reception go?
*We had one in Provo and one in Paris & they were both perfect! Jared and I still talk about how easy and low stress they were. For us anyway.
9. How was the honeymoon?
* It was fun but a little rocky. We stayed a few days at the house in Washington then rode a ferry to the San Juan Island and stayed at a bed and breakfast. We rode mopeds around the Island and were fighting the whole time, then we went on a sunset kayak tour which was wonderful!! Jared did a fabulous job planning the whole thing.
People I am tagging
1.Amy Morris
2.Joslyn McNair
3.Jeff Gardner
4.Alex Stoddard

3 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I love it and I love that Jared commented too! I totally forgot that Geoff and Aleena were part of yours too. They are so sneaky, who knew?!? Anyway, we miss you guys and hope you are doing well. There is still a bed waiting for you here if you ever decide to come. As of tomorrow you will have 2 reasons to come!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was at the meeting place also. I was the first one to pull out a temple recommend when you demanded to see them.

Heather said...

Ok I did not demand to see them. You guys were just desperate!