Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th of July

We started our celebration the evening before at the annual Carlsen weinie roast. I'm glad Emmett was able to do this at my grandma and grandpa's before their house sells.



I was trying to get a picture of him eating the s'more and he decided to say cheese so I got this goofy looking face that I love.



Emmett loved this big dog.




This year instead of having the chuck wagon breakfast on my grandparents big lawn they had bounce toys/slides. Emmett was nervous but all in all I think he loved it.




Even Jared was able to enjoy it.


Here we're watching the beginning of the parade with the BL rangers on horses carrying the flags. I put Emmett's hand on his heart and he kept it there a long time.



Hattie, Wyatt, and Emmett enjoying the parade. This was Emmett's first parade and he loved it. He was really fun to watch.



Wyatt showing me his loot.



Glow necklaces are cool even in the day.




Bending over to give me his cheese face once again.



Fireworks on M hill (the only thing that makes it exciting is if the hill starts on fire) He liked them for a few minutes then was ready for bed.


We made it to the lake a few times. This time was a short trip because it got really windy!


He still loved throwing rocks in the water and smashing sand piles with his feet.





After the beach we decided to go to Minnetonka Cave. Emmett kept saying "wow" and didn't like stopping so Jared went ahead of our tour guide with Emmett and did a quick tour of it.

It was a fun week!

2 comments:

Muttonheads said...

Well this post made Megan extremely jealous.

The Perkins Family said...

I love his Cheese face too. So cute!