Thursday, July 30, 2009

Having fun......without Jared

I had last week off & Jared started his new job so I went to Paris & had some fun. The first day Andrea, Meg, Aus, & I camped at Paris Campground. We walked to the spring, & roasted hotdogs with everyone.

We are anything but light packers, even for a one night stay.

After we got home from camping we got up the energy to hike Paris Peak. The first part of the hike you can take a 4 wheeler so we didn't hike all of the first part which was nice.


Snow!
Not sure if Wyatt is the youngest person to be on Paris Peak but we can pretend.
Here they are looking through the jar where people can write their name & the date they were there. We found the paper of when I went with Casey & his friends July 5 2001, I think it was?
Jared has wanted to do this hike for a long time. Sad he wasn't there.

The next day we relaxed at the lake!

4 comments:

Jeff and Lea said...

You look soooo cute with your preggo belly. How are you doing? Any morning sickness or maybe you are past that stage. Looks like you had a great time in Paris. I'll always remember our fiasco camping trip up Paris campground swimming in the river!!!

case said...

You took some good pictures. I really like the one of me and Wy looking over the edge of the rock. Wyatt may not be the youngest but you could be the only pregnant person to hike to the top.

Muttonheads said...

What a few days we had! Sorry J you missed the FUN! Casey you are funny......!! Looking forward to more Fun this weekend!!

Kami said...

Man, that all brings back childhood memories! I LOVED camping in Paris camp ground, and the spring is sooo pretty! Paris peak is awesome. I've only gone once. My parents and I rode horses up the first part and then tied them up and finished on foot, it is amazing up there. You'll just have to be sure Jared does it some day. Tyler's never been either maybe we could all go next summer depending on where we are. Can you believe how busy the lake is now? We used to look for an empty bench, now you just look for any place you can squeeze your car. It's so nice that I married into a family with a cabin on the lake! I'm glad you had a fun time, I bet Jared was pretty jealous! How are you feeling by the way?