Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fire Season

One day I looked out the back door and saw a bit of smoke by the shooting range.  Who knew it would   burn the entire mountain and cause us to evacuate.  So happy to still have our home!


Let's hope we don't have to breath this all next summer again!


It was very entertaining to watch and whenever Emmett see a helicopter he says "water bucket" because he thinks that's all helicopters do.


I would text Jared all day pictures of the progress the fire was making.
The next morning Eli was down for a nap and Emmett and I were just hanging out in our pjs when we had a LOUD knock and the door bell rang.  I was annoyed since Eli was napping but it was an official saying we needed to Evacuate to the High School ASAP.  I was in shock because the fire looked pretty safe and it just seemed REALLY smokey.  Then when I took stuff out to the truck I saw all the fire trucks lined up the street and it looked like the fire was right at the end of Rocky Ridge.  As I was getting things in the truck (Jared had taken the car that day) a friend from our neighborhood showed up and asked if she could help and told me to come to her house.  I had put Emmett in the truck and every time I'd open the door to put more stuff in he'd say "fire truck woo oo woo oo"  He was loving it.  Then I had to wake up Eli :(  After haning out at my friend's for a bit she had to evacuate so we headed to Brady's.  Jared was able to go back to the house and get more stuff. 



Eventually we made our way to Brady's where the kitties were able to get out of the back of the truck and explore there home for the next 3 or so weeks!


Next we headed to meet the Marshall's for dinner and stayed the night there.  We are so lucky to be surrounded by family and friends during times like these!


The next day we still couldn't go to our house so Chelsea and I went to a few homes in the Parade of Homes, went swimming at Grandma White's and Jared went golfing with friends and took Emmett!


Emmett & Luke were good Golfing buds.

Later that day we were able to return and everything was great other than ash being all over our porch and garage.  It ended up being a mess anytime the wind blew this summer but so glad no homes were burned!  The pic below is of the first day I think.

Our garage floor


When the wind would blow there would be clouds of Ash that would make me think maybe the fire had started up again.

Lots and lots of helicopters flying by.

Cleaned the porch of all summer long!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you guys were safe. Such a scary summer of fires!