Sunday, August 16, 2009

BUGS!

Just an idea of some of the bugs we get to see here. We have TONS of praying mantids which is fun. I always wondered if they ate any of the million grasshoppers we have & found my answer. This guy had just finished the head & was still munching away.


We get a lot of nasty huge spiders so Jared has some strong bug spray & one day I found all of these out front on our sidewalk.....DEAD!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE SPIDER OF ALL SPIDERS. This one was found today by our renter & yes it was dead. I took a picture of the bottom of him too so you could see how long his legs are. I'm not obsessed with bugs but I guess a little fascinated. I hope this doesn't keep anyone from wanting to visit.



4 comments:

Muttonheads said...

Yuck! Yuck! & Yuck! You are the only person I know that takes pictures of bugs.

Kami said...

My visit is canceled!! That last picture did me in!!

Mark & Michelle said...

I have to say that you guys have NOTHING on us down here in the jungle. We won´t be afraid to visit. I keep checking your blog hoping for more belly pictures but I´m just getting teensy little spiders (compared to here). I LOVE the room!

Love,
Michelle

Jer or Stef said...

I think I have permanent chills. I can't believe there are spiders that big in Utah, i thought that was something you saw in places like south america! P.S. You are looking great for 8 months pregnant!